Tanka Poet Mariko Kitakubo.
Whiteness of the lilies, they don't need to express their love they just stand as they are.
While composing poems is the primary thing to do, I want to continue expressive activities by means of reading performances in and out of the country. I feel it meaningful to vibrate Japanese traditional rhythm sounds, consisting of units of 5 and 7 syllables, in front of Tanka lovers whose native language is not Japanese. Also, I am willing to actively collaborate with activities of other media, such as paintings, music, photographs and video images.
What's New. Information for new publications, recitals, etc.RSS
- Feb 25, 2015
- I will perform reading at the Rattle Reading Series on April 12, 2015.
- Feb 08, 2015
- My tanka will be posted in "Rattle" magazine, in March., 2015.
- Jan 13, 2015
- My sequence about Vietnam was translated into Vietonamese! Enjoy audio, too!
- Dec 12, 2014
- 2 pieces of my tanka were posted in Eucalypt this year
- Nov 25, 2014
- 2 pieces of my tanka are posted on TSA Ribbons Fall 2014 Vol 10, Number 3.
My thoughts on reading performance
Reading performance in Paris in September, 2013, was my 100th Tanka reading in total, and the 50th of presentation overseas and international events. I would like to extend my sincere gratitude towards all the audience and everyone who supported me to enable this wonderful achievement. Without their support it was not possible. I would like to continue making efforts, aiming at 100 presentations overseas.@>
In commemoration of my reading activities so far, I put together a photobook. I would be more than happy if you could take time to view it on the web.